THERMO VALVE MAINTENANCE
EXPOSED THERMOSTATIC VALVE MAINTENANCE
1. Turn the water off completely to the unit.
2. Under handle, at the 6 o’clock position, is an allen screw. Use a #3 allen wrench to completely remove the screw.
3. Use the handle to remove the valve.
4. Soak the valve in vinegar.
5. While the valve is soaking, crack the water back on to the unit and flush the faucet body.
6. Re-install the valve in the body with the handle, lining up the holes for the allen screw.
7. Replace the allen screw.
If the customer has already removed the handle from the valve:
1. The black plastic valve guard must be lined up at 6 and 12 o’clock position (1/2 of the plastic guard is raised, that raised part must be lined up correctly) before re-installing the handle on the valve.
2. Replace the allen screw.
FUNCTION OF THE ANTI-SCALD BUTTON
1. Factory set temperature of the valve is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. To bypass the factory valve set water temperature for hotter water, press the button at the top of the valve and turn left until the water is the desired temperature.
3. To cool down the factory set temperature of 104 degrees the button does not need to be released. Just turn the handle to the right to adjust (cool) the water temperature.
4. The handle must be returned to the original position and must “click” into position to go back to the factory set temperature of 104 degrees. If the handle is left in the newly adjusted position after use, the temperature will remain at the adjusted temperature for every use until returned to the “anti-scald” position.